To instill curiosity and a joy of learning in each child
TEACHING IN KINDERGARTEN IS IMAGINATIVE AND CREATIVE. DEDICATED TEACHERS CREATE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES WITH AN ATMOSPHERE OF WARMTH AND ENCOURAGEMENT.
The large, bright classroom allows children to pursue the Early Years’ Foundation Stage Curriculum encompassing the seven areas of learning with focus on Literacy and Numeracy. An independent quiet room with an interactive whiteboard is used for group activities and Art Appreciation.
The separate location provides a safe, inspiring environment in which to start school. Each child is able to grow in confidence and independence at a pace which suits them.
GARDEN HOUSE SCHOOL KINDERGARTEN PROVIDES AN INSPIRING NURSERY EDUCATION FOR BOYS AND GIRLS AGED 3-4 YEARS.
The Kindergarten occupies a building in Sedding Street, attached to the Holy Trinity Church, literally a stone’s throw from Sloane Square and the main School. There is a small outdoor space for activities and growing plants and the children use the playground of a neighbouring school for ball games and play.
The Kindergarten provides a strong foundation to your child’s time at Garden House.
A close partnership is fostered with the parents, who are encouraged to share in the child's year in Kindergarten. They take part in parent activities and come to read to the children.
Being part of a prep school enables our Kindergarten children to use the wonderful facilities and to be taught by skilled, specialist teachers.
Moreover it provides a smooth transition into Reception (Preparatory). Kindergarten children attend all the major main school events such the Carol Service and the Summer Show.
- Kindergarten has an exceptional child/teacher ratio
- The children enjoy weekly Gym sessions in the Main School gym
- Ballet is taught in the Main School’s ballet room
- French lessons take place twice weekly
- Music, Drama and Computing are part of the curriculum
- On Thursdays the Kindergarten attend the weekly Assembly in the Main School
- Kindergarten children perform their own Summer Show
- Kindergarten children participate in the Early Years Carol Service